tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter.Bin...@dresdnerkb.com
Subject RE: No stdout/stderr from servlets running under Apache/Tomcat
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:15:08 GMT
Many thanks for the response - but I've tried that to no avail!
My .xml file is below, and I've set debug="9" on both the <xmlmapper:debug>
level and the empty-path'ed <Context>

Can you see anything else I've got wrong, by any chance?

--------------------------- XML FILE STARTS

<Server>
    <!-- Debug low-level events in XmlMapper startup -->
    <xmlmapper:debug level="9" />

    <!-- This is quite flexible; we can either have a log file per
         module in Tomcat (example: ContextManager) or we can have
         one for Servlets and one for Jasper, or we can just have
	 one tomcat.log for both Servlet and Jasper.

	 If you omit "path" there, then stderr should be used.

	 verbosityLevel values can be:
	    FATAL
	    ERROR
	    WARNING
            INFORMATION
            DEBUG
         -->

    <Logger name="tc_log"
            path="C:/Apache/Apache/logs/tc-tomcat.log"
            verbosityLevel = "DEBUG"
            customOutput="yes" />

    <Logger name="servlet_log"
            path="C:/Apache/Apache/logs/tc-servlet.log"
            verbosityLevel = "DEBUG"
            customOutput="yes" />

    <Logger name="JASPER_LOG"
	    path="C:/Apache/Apache/logs/tc-jasper.log"
            verbosityLevel = "DEBUG" />

    <!-- Add "home" attribute if you want tomcat to be based on a different
directory
         "home" is used to create work and to read webapps, but not for libs
or CLASSPATH.
         Note that TOMCAT_HOME is where tomcat is installed, while
ContextManager home is the
         base directory for contexts, webapps/ and work/
      -->
    <ContextManager debug="9" workDir="work" home="C:/Apache/tomcat">
        <!-- ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.LogEvents" / -->
        <ContextInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.context.AutoSetup"
/>
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.DefaultCMSetter" />
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.WorkDirInterceptor" />
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.WebXmlReader" />
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor" />
        <!-- Request processing -->
        <RequestInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SimpleMapper" debug="0" />
        <RequestInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SessionInterceptor" />
        <RequestInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SecurityCheck" />
        <RequestInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.request.FixHeaders"
/>

<!--  Disable web server on port 8080 by commenting out the section: -->
        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8080"/>
        </Connector>

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
        </Connector>

        <!-- example - how to override AutoSetup actions -->
        <Context path="/examples" docBase="webapps/examples" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>
        <!-- example - how to override AutoSetup actions -->
        <Context path="" docBase="webapps/ROOT" debug="9" reloadable="true"

        </Context>

        <Context path="/test" docBase="webapps/test" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>

    </ContextManager>
</Server>