tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter.Bin...@dresdnerkb.com
Subject No stdout/stderr from servlets running under Apache/Tomcat
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:33:35 GMT
Hello, I've got Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 3.1 running on NT, with the benefit of
your very helpful instructions.

Everything's working fine, except that the System.out.println from my
servlets is not appearing anywhere that I can find.

When running Tomcat from the command line (bin\startup), I see the output
fine (in the tomcat window).

I then stop Tomcat and run Apache as an application (rather than a Service),
but can't find my System.out.println in any logfiles.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Regards,

   Peter.

   Peter.Binney@dresdnerkb.com   www.dresdnerkb.com
   Dresdner Kleinwort Benson
   PO Box 560, 20 Fenchurch Street, London EC3P 3DB
   Direct: +44 (020) 7475 8743
   Fax: +44 (020) 7475 7298
   Pager: phone +44 (020) 8345 6789 and ask for DKB022
   Switchboard +44 (020) 7623 8000

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
addressee(s) and may be legally privileged and/or confidential. If you have
received this email in error please destroy it and contact the sender, via
our switchboard on +44 (0)20 7623 8000 or via return e-mail. You should not
copy, forward or use the contents, attachments or information in any way.
Any unauthorised use or disclosure may be unlawful. Dresdner Kleinwort
Benson gives no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of this email
after it is sent over the Internet and accepts no responsibility for changes
made after it was sent. Any opinion expressed in this email may be personal
to the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Bank or
its affiliates. They may also be subject to change without notice.