tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Escolar, Carlos (Carlos)" <cesco...@avaya.com>
Subject Adding a Servlet documentation
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:47:20 GMT
I just started using Tomcat (standalone).  I am trying to add a Servlet, and
I am finding
it not well documented.  (Isn't this the first thing that every one wants to
do?)  Who is responsible to update the build/tomcat/doc/tomcat_ug.html file
with this information?

Lets say that I have a class called com.avaya.myclass and I want to get to
it using the URI:
http://localhost:8080/MC

Which steps must I take to accomplish this?

(I have figured out that if I create a directory under
build/tomcat/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes called com, then a directory
named avaya and then place myclass.class there, the following URI will work
to reach my Servlet:

http://localhost:8080/servlet/com.avaya.myclass

I would like to know:

1) How do I create a synonym so I don't have to type the long
"servlet/com.avaya.myclass".
2) How do I tell Tomcat where my classes are (so I don't have to place them
under webapps/examples)

Carlos Escolar
Avaya Inc.
cescolar@avaya.com