tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lujo, Rodrigo" <rl...@harris.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 2 - Trying to run it
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:58:54 GMT
Hi all:

I downloaded and compiled the above with JDK 1.3 on Solaris 2.6.  I did run into
a problem
that you may run into so I will share it.

1) After the "build.sh" finishes it sets up the ./build/ area where the server
can be run from.
   This is in JAKARTA_HOME/build.  The problem is that the "webapps" directory
is created
   right under JAKARTA_HOME/webapps.  However, when running from
JAKARATA_HOME/tomcat4.0 it
   expects that directory to be under JAKARTA_HOME/tomcat4.0/webapps.

2) For now I got around this by replicating the above "webapps" directory where
it is expected.