tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "SANGRONIZ,JAMES (HP-Boise,ex1)" <james_sangro...@hp.com>
Subject RE: trouble connecting apache server to tomcat or jserv
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:37:59 GMT
It's got to be something along this line. I saw something similar in the
archive. But, this didn't work.
I've tried adding, modifying and moving ApJServMount directive all over.
Thanks anyway.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Cribb [mailto:JamesC@zoom.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 5:37 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Cc: 'James_Sangroniz@hp.com'
Subject: RE: trouble connecting apache server to tomcat or jserv

This was happening to me too at one point, then it stopped so I'm not 100%
sure about the following:

I believe a bug in mod_jserv.so was crashing httpd.  The bug seemed to be
triggered by not having any ApJServMount directives in the Apache config
file.  Unfortunately there is virtually no documentation -- even in the
source code! -- on what this directive does or why it is needed IN ADDITION
TO using SetHandler.

If you have one or more ApJServMount directives in your Apache config file
and this is still happening, then this theory is wrong.