tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dresche...@ibb.de
Subject NT installation problem
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:19:47 GMT

Hey, i just tried to install the tomcat software on my NT workstation. I
downloaded the jakarta-tomcat.zip- file on my workstatin and I configured the
following variables:
set TOMCAT_HOME=c:\tomcat

set JAVA_HOME=c:/jdk1.2
set PATH=%PATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

my path-Variable now looks like this:
path=.....;c:\jdk1.2\bin;c:\jdk1.2\bin;c:\jdk1.2\bin    => yes, unfortunately
three times, because I tried it several times. is this okay or not?

I followed the instructions in the documentation and tried to start tomcat with
the startup-file. In the documentation I read that this file can be found in the
following directory:
/bin/startup.
I don't have the startup.bat-file in the bin-directory, I found it in the
/src/shell-directory. And when I tried to run my src/shell-startup.bat I get the
following error message:
Der Befehl ist falsch geschrieben oder konnte nicht gefunden werden. Bitte
überprüfen Sie die Schreibweise und die Umgebungsvariable "path".
....(startup is) wrong written or could not be found. Please check the right
spelling and the variable "path".
Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

When I tried installing the tomcat I havn't had a webserver running. now i have
installed but not already configured an apache webserver. Do I need this Apache
webserver or can the tomcat also run without any webservers? Isn't it one
itself?

Please help me.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/kind regards

Frank Drescher