tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Cameron <ccame...@chriscameron.com>
Subject Re: Does session migration work with Tomcat ??
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:13:19 GMT
HTTPServletSession uses cookies as it's default and then URL re-writing if
cookies are not available.  The contents of an HTTPSession looks something
like this:

Name: JSESSIONID
Server: [serverid here]
path: [path here]
Value: [A session ID String

So you could get the cookie in code and manipulate it that way.  Most load
balancing servers support Affinity to maintain session state, this will
re-direct the users to the same servers in order to preserve their session.
That may be an easier path to take.

-Chris