tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Elisabeth Freeman <>
Subject help with generated servlet and IllegalStateException
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:01:53 GMT
I have noticed that the servlets being generated from my JSPs *always* grap
the PrintWriter "out", even if I am not using it in my JSP.  This causes
serious problems when I want to redirect - I get an IllegalStateException
which seems to hang the thread in my application, so after a few hundred
hits, the application is dying (on Windows NT, doens't seem to happen on
Windows 2K).  Is there any way for me to direct Jasper *not* to get the
print writer at all in the generated servlet?

Elisabeth Freeman

View raw message