tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nick.Hollo...@pyrites.org.uk (Nick Holloway)
Subject Re: getInitParametergetInitParameter
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:43:28 GMT
jn.wallez@wavenet.be (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jean-No=EBl_WALLEZ?=) writes:
> I use jsp 1.0 and I can't access <context-param> I wrote in my web.xml
> file.  In which web.xml file do I have to insert <context-param>? In
> "conf" directory or "web-inf" under webapps?

I have used it in the "WEB-INF/web.xml" for the application.

> I tried config.getInitParameter("paramname") but it always return me =
> null !

You should be using "application.getInitParameter()".  Another problem
you will run into is that you have defined the parameter "Webmaster",
but are requesting "webmaster" -- the case is different.

--
 `O O'  | Nick.Holloway@pyrites.org.uk
// ^ \\ | http://www.pyrites.org.uk/