tomcat-users mailing list archives

From yue.m...@verizon.com
Subject Re: why so many java processes for tomat 3.2b6?
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:24:01 GMT

I remember one folk's post said that the "process" here on Linux is actually
"thread"
Do I remember right?

"Trevor Little" <tlittle@hoaglandlongo.com> on 10/27/2000 11:21:19 AM

Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

 To:      tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

 cc:      (bcc: YUE M. MA/EMPL/MD/Bell-Atl)

 Subject: why so many java processes for tomat 3.2b6?

I'm using tomcat 3.2 standalone for out web app under linux and java
1.3.  When I do a ps aux there's over 25 java processes.  With tomcat
3.1 there was nothing like that.  Does this happen to anyone else?