tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nacho <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: Getting the examples running
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:43:16 GMT
You need to put %JAVA_HOME%/lib/tools.jar in your classpath, as is
needed to compile JSPs..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Nathan Wilhelmi [mailto:NWilhelmi@kore.com]
Enviado el: martes 31 de octubre de 2000 17:37
Para: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Asunto: Getting the examples running

I'm new to Tomcat / Apache and trying to get the example JSP pages
working. I'm running W2K, Tomcat 3.1, and JDK 1.3 installed. I thought I
followed the configuration instructions correctly. I can see the static
page listing the examples, but when I try to run one of the example
pages I get and error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaCompiler.java:
128)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.LoadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sincerely,

Nathan Wilhelmi