tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stubenrauch,Andreas" <me...@erv.de>
Subject RE: WAR files
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:07:05 GMT
Beside some other stuff that might be a problem: Don't use spaces in any
path. That causes a lot of trouble (and is not allowed by spec in many
cases)
If you have to use windos try the "real-dos-name" like c:\progra~1\

Reagards,
Andreas

 -----Original Message-----
From: Leon Palermo [mailto:leonp@zedak.com]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 3:31 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: WAR files

Hello all,

I have an application whose document root is not relative to tomcat.  I put
a context entry into the server.xml file:

<Context path="/myapp"
 docBase="C:/Program Files/Apache Group/apache/htdocs/myapp"
 debug="0"
 reloadable="true" >
</Context>

I placed my myapp.war file in the "C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/apache/htdocs" directory and deleted the "C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/apache/htdocs/myapp directory".  When I restart tomcat nothing
happens.  When I move the myapp.war file to the "tomcat/webapps" directory
the war file is unpacked.  How do I get tomcat to recognize that the warfile
should be unpacked where the context is?  Thanks in advance!

Leon