tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Duck-Jin Chun <dc...@7thonline.com>
Subject RE: Issue running Tomcat as svc
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 14:02:03 GMT
Jeff,

Did you change the values for "wrapper.tomcat_home" and
"wrapper.java_home"?

To remove a service try:
  jk_nt_service -r <service name>
Where <service name> is the name you gave to the tomcat service.

I did not have to change anything besides the "wrapper.tomcat_home" and
"wrapper.java_home" in order to get my service working fine.  Your
mileage may vary if you have some special config.

Take a look at the instructions at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/NT-Service-howto
.html, they are very good.

Good luck,
-Duck

-----Original Message-----
From: NIBLER JEFF R. (PDX1JRN) [mailto:pdx1jrn@ups.com]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 7:47 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Issue running Tomcat as svc

Trying to run Tomcat as a service using a tool I found on the e-mail
list
archive.  The tools exe is named jk_nt_service.exe.  The problem I'm
having
is that my classpaths aren't loading correctly when I run Tomcat as a
service.  I tried two different things on the wrapper.properties file.
The
first was to keep adding lines:
wrapper.class_path=$(wrapper.tomcat_home)\lib\jsse.jar
etc etc
The service is created, and it runs ok, but I get noclassdef errors when
servlet tries to run.  Normally, I start Tomcat using the startup.bat
file
that it comes with.  I have my classpath set correctly as an NT
environment
variable, and all works fine that way.  Do I need to modify the bottom
line
of the wrapper.properties file?  If so, what exactly would I need to do
it?  Also, how do I delete services that I no longer want (every attempt
make at changing the wrapper configuration, I end up with another
service
name)?  Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Jeff Nibler