tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Josh Knowles <>
Subject RE: adding jar to context's classpath (but not to ALL contexts... )
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 18:30:07 GMT
I am not sure if this answers your question but you can put jar files inside
of the WEB-INF/lib directory for each context and they will show up in the

hope this helps,

Josh Knowles

-----Original Message-----
From: Woods, Jason []
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 11:05 AM
To: ''
Subject: adding jar to context's classpath (but not to ALL contexts...)

Is there a way in Tomcat to add a jar file to a context's classpath
(available to all servlets/etc. within that context) on a per-context basis
(as opposed to editing the file and adding a
wrapper.classpath prop - which makes it available to all contexts)?

This seems like a pretty simple thing to do which other servlet containers
allow you to do - but I can't find any place to do it based on info in the
server.dtd or web.dtd.

Interested in answers for both 3.1 & 3.2.

- Jason

View raw message