tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christian Mack <cm...@spcie.de>
Subject RE: java.net.BindException
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:40:26 GMT
No, I didn't mean that.
When you shut down the VM, it will take some time, till it actually has done
the cleanup stuff.
So if you wait some time (lets say 30 sec.) after shutting down, the VM
should vanish.
If it doesn't, then it's a bug in the VM.

I never used IBM's JDK 1.3.
So perhaps it is a bug.

Tschau
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Hoepfner-Homme [mailto:paulh@oven.com]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 8:29 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: java.net.BindException

Christian,

You mean the first two times I shut down the VM, it's just sort of telling
Java to clean up and finalize everything, so that when I shut it down the
third time it can actually close the program?  This seems odd--I don't know
of any other Java program that requires this.

Anyway, I fixed it by switching from the IBM 1.3 JDK to the Sun 1.3 JDK.
Now I can just it down just once and it actually shuts down.  I think the
IBM JDK has a few bugs.

Tschues,
Paul

Christian Mack wrote:

Hi PaulThis is obviusly because the VM does some finalization stuff before
shutting down.TschauChristian