tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Craig Day <cr...@alderaan.com.au>
Subject bad time with tomcat
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 01:07:18 GMT
Hi All,
    We are having a horrible time with tomcat in out production
environment. We are running 3.1 on multiple Ultra-250s each
with 1gig of memory running Solaris26 and Sun JDK1.2.2_005.
The application is a relatively simple JSP-based app producing
XML out of Oracle 8.1.6. We do simple load balancing via DNS.
We are using Stronghold, but not the jserv connector, we ProxyPass
the requests instead.
    At this point, tomcat is the least stable component in our
environment. Tomcat will die on us regularly without giving any
hint as to why, and also occasionally decides to chew all the
CPU for no apparent reason (no hits even being made). Id love to
hear from anyone who is having more success with Tomcat and
any suggestions anyone may have for improving its stability and or
diagnosing what the problem may be.

regards
craig