tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Oxley <d...@staffplanner.co.uk>
Subject Linux+Tomcat
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:20:53 GMT
Just a few questions that I could do with being answered. I am new to Linux
but know Tomcat fairly well (Solaris and Windows)

I am trying to install on a raq3 server and I don't have access to apache
binaries, except through a web interface.

1. Can I build mod_jk without using the axps script?
2. How do I start Tomcat automatically at boot or from telnet and then have
it not close down when I close telnet?
3. I tried to install Sun's JRE1.3 and it said I need glibc >= 2.1.2-11. Can
I get binary rpm's or how do I install from sources?
4. How do I set up the CLASSPATH and PATH automattically on Linux?

Thanks for your help.
Dave
Dave@Staffplanner.co.uk