tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stuart Farnan <stu...@neoworks.com>
Subject NullPointerException
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 13:52:01 GMT
Hi,

I am using Tomcat version 3.1 and Apache v1.3.12.  I am using mod_jserv to
communicate between the two, however when I try to run a jsp page I get the
following error on the tomcat window.

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleError(ContextManager.java:644)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:566)
        at
Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
        at
)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I have set up the tomcat-apache.conf file to load the appropriate things,
and have let apache know what requests to forward to Tomcat.  I guess this
is working as Tomcat gets the final requests and then it breaks as above.  I
have also set the server.xml file in the tomcat distribution to know about
the same project as I have set up in the tomcat-apache.conf file, so I am
unsure of anything I have done wrong.

I am wondering if anyone has seen this error before, or if I am doing
something wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart