tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rwald...@us.britannica.com
Subject RE: [tomcat-users] Re: Lowercase UPPERCASE
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:44:30 GMT
How about using a HTTP redirect or a server-side forward or include to map
from mIxEd cAsE to lower case?

If you've got a webserver in front of tomcat you could probably do that
using a plug-in, or you could map all requests on that server to a "case
normalizing" servlet by mapping "/" to that servlet and picking up the rest
of the URL from the HttpServletRequest.getPathInfo. Or, maybe you could set
up a 404 handler within your webserver that is invoked when no other
matching resource is found, and attempts to discover the resource using the
lowercase version.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lacerda, Wellington (AFIS) [mailto:Wellington.Lacerda@fao.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 11:02 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [tomcat-users] Re: Lowercase UPPERCASE

Let's go by the numbers:

0.	I'm not defining a case sensitivity problem IN TOMCAT. I have a
situation here I'd like to know if someone else got or have a solution to.

1.	By a LOT I mean GIGABytes of static or dynamic pages pointing to a
web app in tomcat

2.	YES, I'm using NT. And NO, IT DIDN'T MATTER.

3.	When the CONTEXT NAME came in with a different case (lower or UPPER)
I get ERRORS.

4.	I know the standard approach is being case sensitive and this is NOT
a bug.

5.	YES I want to make tomcat case INSENSITIVE in order to call
/ThIsCoNtExT/something.jsp as /thiscontext/something.jsp and be successful

6.	Perl won't work because I have static and dynamic pages, with
addresses hardcoded, in databases, perls scripts, C++ CGI,  etc. Think about
10 years of web pages ?

MANY thanks.

Wellington Silva
UN/FAO