tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Drew Kidder <Andrew.Kid...@Tivoli.com>
Subject Recursive JSP include
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 19:25:23 GMT
Hello all...

I have a page called index.jsp that does the following JSP include:

<%@ include file="/templates/security/requireLogin.jsp" %>

Later on in the page, I have a link to a page called logout.jsp that also
includes the same file as above.  The following error gets returned from
the browser when I try to access the logout.jsp page:

Error: 500

Location: /account/logout.jsp

Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException: Seen file
/templates/security/requireLogin.jsp already, maybe this is a recursive
include?!
         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.pushFile(JspReader.java,
Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.pushFile(JspReader.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEventListener.java,

Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingListener.java,
Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser$Directive.accept(Parser.java,
Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java,
Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java, Compiled
Code)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java,

Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)

Originally, logout.jsp was including the same file twice. However, I have
commented out both includes with the "<!--" and "-->" pairs, and so the
file should be including nothing. I also shutdown apache and tomcat, wiped
the working directory, and restarted tomcat/apache to ensure that the jsp's
are getting recompiled. I still get this error.

Does anyone know what the problem is, and what I can do to fix it???
Thanks!

------
Andrew Kidder
L3 SW/Support Engineer, IBU