tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Drew Kidder <Andrew.Kid...@Tivoli.com>
Subject Apache not picking up context
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:33:54 GMT
Hello all.  I need some information on context paths and how to get apache
to see them.

I have a context path of "/" mapped to "/data/cs2k/webroot/docroot".  This
tells me that anything with a url pattern of http://<hostname>/ should get
sent to tomcat for processing.  I have several jsp's, which are calling as
their action ACTION="/cme/submitform_Handler". In the web.xml file, located
in /data/cs2k/webroot/docroot/WEB-INF, I have a servlet-mapping call that
is looking for "/cme/submitform_Handler".

If I run this entirely in Tomcat (e.g. use the built-in html server of
Tomcat), everything runs perfectly. However, if I go through apache, I get
a 404 error. It appears that apache is trying to locate
/data/cs2k/webroot/docroot/cme which does not exist - the /cme/... path is
merely a url-pattern to filter.  What do I need to do to the
tomcat-apache.conf file to get apache to pass this url-pattern to
tomcat?  Is the tomcat-apache.conf file the only file I need to worry about?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, as this problem has me
completely stumped.

------
Andrew Kidder
L3 SW/Support Engineer, IBU