tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Eaton <ja...@jungawunga.com>
Subject Re: RES: [Tomcat-users] Re: Does Tomcat 3.1 Support Apache/SSL?
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 22:04:51 GMT

Thanks for the sample config file Sergio. That does indeed enable SSL for
that virtual host. I ran into another problem when I enabled it though. I
get this error from the Apache www server now;

[09/Oct/2000 14:14:24 24351] [error] Couldn't recover size of server key
truga.jungawunga.net:443/KEY_LENGTH

The weird thing is if I comment out the additions that Sergio recommends to
my conf file, Https works just fine with this same key on the main pages,
but doesnt work on the tomcat urls! Why would Apache complain about the key
in one instance but not the other.

Yes I did make sure that the "ServerName" is set to the same common name in
the certificate. Weird problem.

Boggled.

At 09:17 AM 10/9/2000, you wrote:
>Here's a piece of code that describle a virtual host without SSL and with
>SSL :
>
>NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.13:80
><VirtualHost 192.168.0.13:80>
>ServerName www.the_site.com.br
>ApJServMount / ajpv12://192.168.0.13:8007
></VirtualHost>
>
>NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.13:443
><VirtualHost 192.168.0.13:443>
>SSLEngine on
>SSLCertificateFile
>/usr/local/apache/tomcat/webapps/the_site/ssl/www.the_site.com.br.crt
>SSLCertificateKeyFile
>/usr/local/apache/tomcat/webapps/the_site/ssl/www.the_site.com.br.key
>ServerName www.the_site.com.br
>ApJServMount / ajpv12://192.168.0.13:8007
></VirtualHost>
>

>Sergio Stateri Jr
>stateri@tesla.com.br
>Tesla Tecnologia