tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Eaton <ja...@jungawunga.com>
Subject Re: Does Tomcat 3.1 Support Apache/SSL?
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2000 00:45:14 GMT

I am still having troubles trying to get Apache/Tomcat/SSL to work together.

  I am using 2 virtual host settings and both of those virtual hosts work
with SSL on ALL pages EXCEPT where the servlets mount. This section of the
file also includes the document roots for the virtual hosts so I know that
section of the file is being processed for SSL.

Can somebody give me a hand with this? Thanks.

Here is a section from my Apache config file;

<VirtualHost 205.179.150.146>
   DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html
   ServerName www.jungawunga.net
   ApJServMount /jsp ajpv12://localhost:8007/root
   ApJServMount /xsql ajpv12://localhost:8007/root
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 205.179.150.146>
   DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/route88
   ServerName www.openroad.com
   ApJServMount /home/httpd/jsp/route88 ajpv12://localhost:8009/root
</VirtualHost>

# tomcat can only load if we run jserv
<IfModule mod_jserv.c>
   ApJServManual on
   ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
   ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
   ApJServMountCopy on
   ApJServLogLevel notice

   ApJServDefaultHost localhost
   ApJServDefaultPort 8007

   AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
</IfModule>

Here is a section from my tomcat server.xml file;

<Context path="/jsp" docBase="/home/httpd/jsp" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

<Context path="/xsql" docBase="/home/httpd/xsql" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

At 01:46 PM 10/6/2000, you wrote:

>On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Jason Eaton wrote:
>

> > I am using the httpds.conf file included with my Apache installation.
> There
> > are <IfDefine SSL> sections in the file. Am I to wrap any Tomcat
> > cofigurations with <IfDefine SSL> as well?
>
>That's a safe bet.  Try towards the bottom.
>
>Good luck.
>
>Kenneth Topp
>

> > Sorry I am new to Apache configuration.
> >
> > Thanks.

> access jsp

> > >I believe there are some issues in tomcat wrt URI, making assumptions of
> > >it being http: not https:, but I think any problem you have is releated to
> > >your webserver configuration.
> > >
> > >Remeber, if you've done a stock mod_ssl config (for example) the ssl
> > >section of the httpd.conf configuration is separate from the normal
> > >configuration.

> > Jason Eaton
> >
> > Jungawunga Inc.
> > http://www.jungawunga.com