tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sterling <>
Subject Re: Configuring Tomcat - Examples don't work.
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:56:38 GMT

Thank you very much!

This is great, it's working now.

Is there anyway one can put/submit this in the FAQ documentation for Tomcat?
I think this would be very useful information.

BTW - the Official Faq-o-matic for Jakarta ( ) doesn't work.

So now all I have to do is

TOMCAT_HOME=/usr/local/tomcat ; export TOMCAT_HOME
set JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.2.2; export JAVA_HOME
set PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin; export PATH
export CLASSPATH=/usr/local/jdk1.2.2/lib/tools.jar

into my env variables on boot up and I should just have to bin/
tomcat and than start apache and it will come up warm and fuzzy. Yeah/Nay?
Or is there something in Tomcat conf that I could manually set so it would
load up correctly each time?

Thanks again for the quick reply and great information.
-Sterling wrote:

> Try this for the CLASSPATH:
> export CLASSPATH=/usr/local/jdk1.2.2/lib/tools.jar
> Rick
> wrote:
> > H-
> I have been through the archive and found references to this problem but
> haven't found any solutions. Or at least any that give examples on the
> solution.
> My question is how do you set the classpath for tomcat?
> Could someone please give me an example of classpath setting? I tried
> set CLASSPATH=/usr/local/jdk1.2.2/lib; export CLASSPATH
> without success. 8^(
> Is this really the problem?
> Is it me, tomcat configuration, the planets?
> I'm very lost and frustrated on this issue. For a week now.
> Any assistance or insight anyone might have would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Thanks.
> -Sterling
> PS(I start Tomcat first, than restart Apache. None throw errors on
> PPS(Is there a Tomcat Newsgroup available, other than posting queries to
> the Apache one? (japan.www.server.apache) I see a lot of Tomcat posts up
> there but would like to focus on this program in the appropriate
> newsgroup, if possible. Hence this mailing list. 8^)

View raw message