tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sterling <smull...@omeninc.com>
Subject Re: Configuring Tomcat - Examples don't work.
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:56:38 GMT
H-

Thank you very much!

This is great, it's working now.

Is there anyway one can put/submit this in the FAQ documentation for Tomcat?
I think this would be very useful information.

BTW - the Official Faq-o-matic for Jakarta (
http://jakarta.apache.org/faq/faqindex.html ) doesn't work.

So now all I have to do is

TOMCAT_HOME=/usr/local/tomcat ; export TOMCAT_HOME
set JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.2.2; export JAVA_HOME
set PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin; export PATH
export CLASSPATH=/usr/local/jdk1.2.2/lib/tools.jar

into my env variables on boot up and I should just have to bin/startup.sh
tomcat and than start apache and it will come up warm and fuzzy. Yeah/Nay?
Or is there something in Tomcat conf that I could manually set so it would
load up correctly each time?

Thanks again for the quick reply and great information.
-Sterling