tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joakim Verona <joa...@verona.se>
Subject Re: APJ12: connection failed
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:58:16 GMT
hello,

apache and tomcat talk to each other using the ajp protocoll
on a port, normally 8007.

apache needs to have a plugin properly configured and running for this to work.

there appears to be both mod_jserv and mod_jk you can use for this, where mod_jk is never.
i use mod_jserv.

read the installation instuctions, and find which plugin to use and where to put it
(depending on your os config) and then change the apache startup file to include
a file called tomcat.conf or something like that tomcat creates for apache when starting.

hope this helps somewhat, even if i wasnt very specific.

--
Joakim Verona
joakim@verona.se