tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: why so many java processes for tomat 3.2b6?
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2000 15:23:39 GMT
David Knaack wrote:

> Thats as good a reason as any.  But did you notice the multiple
> java processes under your old java 1.1.8 ?

Yep, in my case.  The IBM 1.1.8 JVM runs native threads, and exhibits
the same "symptom".

> I submit that the additional java processes/threads you are
> seeing are due to the upgrade to java 1.3.0, rather than the
> change to tomcat 3.2.

The important issue is not which JDK version, but whether or not you are
using a JVM that supports native threads.  If it does, the Linux "ps"
command lies to you -- those are really threads, not processes.

> dK

Craig McClanahan