tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: tomcat-user Digest 24 Oct 2000 20:53:09 -0000 Issue 293
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:09:50 GMT
Elisabeth Freeman wrote:

> I agree, doing this with a servlet is the right way to go.  However, because
> this is already in production, it would be much simpler to change the jsp
> than add a servlet at this point (which would require QA, updating the
> server properties, etc.).
>
> I have searched everywhere and can't find anything about telling tomcat not
> to open the print writer.  I'm assuming it can't be done, however, if this
> is wrong, please let me know.

I don't have the reference in front of me, but there is an explicit
restriction
in the JSP specification stating that a JSP page is *not* allowed to
call either
ServletResponse.getOutputStream() or ServletResponse.getWriter() -- you
can only
output through the JspWriter that is provided to the page.

> Thanks.
>
> Elisabeth Freeman

Craig McClanahan