tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Ellis <jdell...@home.com>
Subject JCE In Tomcat gets a java.lang.SecurityException
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:28:27 GMT
Hi,

I have seen several emails, here and on the forums at javasoft with this
same problem, but I have not seen an answer.

If I use the jce cryptography in the same VM as tomcat, I get the
exception stack trace below.

Unfortunately, the JCE does not distribute with source, so I cannot look
there to find out what type of call is throwing the security exception,
but it is something in a static block of code (class initialization).
When I run the same cod in its own VM, the problem doesn't happen and
the cryptography orks fine.  Since the SunJCE implementation includes
some signed jar files to store its certificates, I am suspecting it is a
problem with the classloader that is used in tomcat, but I cannot
confirm that.  Can anyone help me??

thanks,

John

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.SecurityException:
Cannot set u
p certs for trusted CAs
        at javax.crypto.b.<clinit>([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
        at
javax.crypto.SecretKeyFactory.getInstance([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
        at
com.inetbasics.iap.core.jsp.ConnectedSessionTag.encryptUserPassword(C
onnectedSessionTag.java:284)
        at
com.inetbasics.iap.core.jsp.ConnectedSessionTag.savePassword(Connecte
dSessionTag.java:381)
        at
com.inetbasics.iap.core.jsp.ConnectedSessionTag.getCurrentContext(Con
nectedSessionTag.java:163)
        at
com.inetbasics.iap.core.jsp.ConnectedSessionTag.doStartTag(ConnectedS
essionTag.java:210)
        at
_0002fmenu_0002ejspmenu_jsp_0._jspService(_0002fmenu_0002ejspmenu_jsp
_0.java:64)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:126)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspSer
vlet.java:174)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:2
61)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:369)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.ja
va:503)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processCon
nection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.j
ava:338)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
With root