tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 409 - Conflict
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:28:04 GMT
Barry Dunne wrote:

> I was playing around trying out different ways of securing a site by
> rearranging file locations and switching between basic and form based logins
> and I have messed something up somehow.

And I don't suppose you saved a copy before you started playing around, right
:-)

Backup?  What's a backup?  :-) :-)

> The site I was working on, and others which were running fine are now giving
> the following message after I enter valid user details in the pop-up login
> dialog and press OK.
>
> HTTP Status 409 - Conflict
> The request could not be completed due to a conflict with the current state
> of the resource (Conflict).
>
> There are no messages in the log files that indicate a problem.
> I have tried restarting tomcat (4.0m1) and even rebooted linux but no
> change.

The only place Tomcat 4.0 deals with a status code 409 is inside the WebDAV
servlet, and it's returned for cases where you are trying to do things
inconsistent with the current state of your resources (like create a resource
that already exists, or delete one that does not exist).

> Any help on this would really be appreciated
> Thanks

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat