tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Sangroniz <James_Sangro...@hp.com>
Subject trouble connecting apache server to tomcat or jserv
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:32:22 GMT
I have been trying unsuccessfully for quite a while to get one of the
Apache servlet engines, (Jserv or Tomcat) to work with an Apache web
server on a Linux box. The symptom of my difficulty is as follows.
Hitting a servlet url via browser returns a message stating that the
document contains no data. None of the jserv or tomcat log files report
anything. The error log of the apache web server reports the
following...
[Fri Oct 13 16:32:54 2000] [notice] child pid 19135 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

None of the other apache log files report anything, including the access
log, even when I change log levels to increase output.

The symptoms are the same running either tomcat or jserv.
All static web pages are being served correctly from the Apache web
server. Even the tomcat static content (from examples).
All servlets and java server pages are served just fine running tomcat
stand alone. The servlet engine seems to be correctly listening on the
ajpv12 port 8007.
If I turn the servlet engine off completely I get the same behavior from
apache, no additional error messages indicating that it can't connect to
the servlet engine.
I'm running the Linux Mandrake 7.1 installation of linux. (Linux
2.2.15-4mdk i686)
The web server is Apache 1.3.12
Jserv and Tomcat(3.1) installations were the latest off the web site.
I've tried Blackdown 1.3 and 1.2.2 JDKs.
I've tried several versions of the mod_jserv.so module for apache, The
one that came with JServ(which seems to be the latest), and the one that
came with Tomcat (which seems to be older).
The there is a directive to include tomcat.conf in httpd.conf. I've
tried changing about every option in the httpd.conf and tomcat.conf
files
I'm running on a system with a 300Mhz Pentium II, 256K DRAM.