tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Werner Ramaekers <cry...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Apache + Virtual hosts on different ports + Tomcat
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 06:46:23 GMT
Hi Mirko,

is your own website using sessions to share objects between servlets and JSP's ?

If so I would like to know how where you put the class files for the shared
objects
so that they can be found both by servlets and the JSP's.
I'm using the same setup as you but am having problems with the above.

Werner

Mirko Froehlich wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am running Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 3.2 beta 6 on a Linux box. I followed the
> documentation to integrate these via mod_jk, which basically seems to work
> fine. Both servlets and JSP work for the Tomcat example site and my own
> website if I put them in the right directory. Now this is what I am trying
> to do:
>
> I want to have two different websites (i.e. a production site and a staging
> site) running on different ports (port 80 for production, port 8080 for
> staging). "http.conf" defines a virtual host for each of these websites, and
> as long as I am only using static files, everything is working as expected.
> However, I don't know how to map these virtual hosts to the appropriate
> contexts in Tomcat's "server.xml", since these seem to only differentiate
> hosts by name, not by port. Is there any way this can be done?
>
> -Mirko

crypto : One who covertly supports a certain doctrine, group, or party.
<mailto: crypto@pandora.be>  <http://www.shiftat.com>