tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Can't unsubscribe
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:01:47 GMT
To all who are trying to unsubscribe but cannot,

The error message in Marcia's response tells you WHY it didn't work -- and (with a little
further
reading) HOW to unsubscribe correctly in this scenario.

> tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org mailing list.
>
> Acknowledgment: The address
>
>    mperry@portnoy.lbl.gov
>
> was not on the tomcat-user mailing list when I received
> your request and is not a subscriber of this list.

This happens quite often when you, or the mail adminstrator on your mail server, has changed
the
"From" or "Reply-To" address that is generated on your outgoing mail after you have subscribed
discover if you examine the return message headers as described in the response.

So, the question becomes, "how can I unsubscribe when my address has changed, and I cannot
change it
back?"

The answer is further down in the reply message:

> If you unsubscribe, but continue to receive mail, you're subscribed
> under a different address than you currently use. Please look at the
> header for:

> The unsubscribe address for this user would be:
> Just mail to that address, suvalues, reply to the confirmation request, and you should
receive a
> message
> that you're off the list.
>
> For some mail programs, you need to make the headers visible to
> see the return path:

So, the correct way for Marcia to unsubscribe would be to send mail to:

    tomcat-user-unsubscribe-mperry=lbl.gov

I have done it for her because I was already in the mail database to confirm what was going
on --
PLEASE, everyone, read and follow the instructions in the reply message!

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat