tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barc...@digitalfocus.com>
Subject Re: Document cacheing - the story thus far.
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:43:38 GMT
Drew Kidder wrote:

> Thanks for the tip about telnetting to the http port...that action pointed
> out that the servlet was actually sending back a redirection (which it was
> throttling), not just the straight file. I had modified the Location header
> to get rid of a nasty little problem with file renaming.  Apparently, that
> was causing it to forward the request, rather than just rename the file.
>
> So the d/l throttling works now. However, my original problem stands.  If I
> download a file named "myfile.pdf", the servlet renames it to "<servlet
> name>.pdf".

How exactly do you mean that the servlet renames it?  Is the browser requesting
a URL ending "myfile.pdf" or one ending "<servlet name>.pdf"?

> It delivers the file correctly, just names it
> incorrectly.  Setting the location header fixed that problem, but broke the
> throttling.  Got any ideas on how I can fix the naming problem?

Try looking for an HTTP header or header parameter named "content-disposition"
or "disposition."  That item is used to specify the recommended name for
saving a file.

--
Daniel Barclay
Digital Focus