tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat latest build problem to run
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:37:36 GMT
"Lujo, Rodrigo" wrote:

> Yes I am refering the to the Tomcat jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m2-src
>
> I downloaded the above and followed all of the instructions to build it.
> Then I go to the ./build area and launch tomcat4.0/bin/catalina.sh start
>
> I did look at the $CATALINA_HOME/webapps directory and everything seems to be
> there.
>
> However, about the
>
> Have you defined a <Context> element
> that points the root webapp (the context path would be "") someplace else?
>

> What's that ? - sorry about the ignorance. How do you define a <Context> element
> ?

Sorry ... I was speaking of entries in the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml file that
let you establish new web applications with non-default properties.

I will do some more investigation on this issue ... all I can give you at the moment
is "but it worked for me" :-)

What platform (operating system and JDK) are you running on?

Craig

                                    Applications to Tomcat