tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 2 Released
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:50:19 GMT
GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> >The licenses for these JAR files includes specific permission
> >to redistribute
> >them as long as the JAR files are not changed.
>
> Nice. I could so generate a jndi & jmx RPM .
> jakarta/catalina will require them
>
> Take a look at all Apache RPMs at :
>
> http://rpmized.free.fr/rpms/
>
> I'll release tomcat 4.0 RPM as catalina RPM (do you agree ?)
> It will allow users to have a the same time tomcat & catalina

I'm not sure what you are proposing to include in this RPM.  Tomcat 4.0
includes Catalina (the servlet container), Jasper (the JSP engine), and
the standard web applications already.  I would go ahead and make the
RPM be "Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 2" or whatever version you are basing it
on.

Craig

                                    Applications to Tomcat