tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: Tomcat latest build problem to run
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:47:44 GMT
"Lujo, Rodrigo" wrote:

> Hi all:
> Has any body run into this error that appears in the log directory when trying
> to access the root page from the WEB.
> 2000-10-10 12:34:24 StandardHost[localhost]: MAPPING configuration error for
> request URI
> This is some kind of context mapping problem but I do not know the cause.

Assuming you are talking about Tomcat 4.0 (which it sounds like), the most common
cause for this would be if you do not have a ROOT web application defined.  Are
all of the standard webapp directories (ROOT, examples, manager, webdav) present
in the $CATALINA_HOME/webapps directory?  Have you defined a <Context> element
that points the root webapp (the context path would be "") someplace else?

Craig McClanahan

See you at ApacheCon Europe <>!
                                    Applications to Tomcat

View raw message