tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: RequestInterceptor
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2000 00:01:33 GMT
Tom Lager wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone point me to documentation or give me
> some insight on writing my own RequestInterceptor for
> Tomcat 3.2b4?  I've heard them referred to as valves in
> Tomcat 4.0, does this mean they are implemented differently
> in 4.0?

The best thing to do would be look at the source code distributions for
either 3.2 or 4.0, and then look at some of the existing functionality
that is implemented as RequestInterceptors (3.2) or Valves (4.0) -- yes,
the implementation is different in the two versions.  You can look at
the conf/server.xml file to see the names of some existing functionality
that is implemented that way on each of the platforms.

> Thanks a million!!
>
> Tom

Craig

                                    Applications to Tomcat