tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charles Forsythe <forsy...@netvoice.net>
Subject Re: How to tell if request came via HTTPS?
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 21:50:36 GMT
James House wrote:

> Boy, you're friendly.
>
> I simply forgot to mention that I'm writing against the 2.1 spec.

A) That's a pretty critical detail of your question.

B) Tomcat implements Servlet 2.2 -- why can't you write to 2.2?  Aren't
   you using Tomcat?  If not, why are you posting to A TOMCAT LIST?
   Talk about a lack of courtesy.

Details about the connection may be passed to the servlet as Attributes
and available via the ServletRequest.getAttribute() method.  These
attributes are server-specific, and thus you'll have to read some
documentation.

Uh-oh, there's that "reading documentation" thing again.  How 90's of
me.   Perhaps you can post your question to some unrelated email list
and get it answered there.

-- Charles