tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: jar's still not picked up in WEB-INF/lib
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 16:03:54 GMT
Renee Petris wrote:

> I have encountered the same problem that Barry Dunne has encountered.
> However,
> I am generally unable to reproduce the problem. In one case the class not
> found exception went away when I provided an explicit context in
> server.xml. I was using the standard webapps folder, and the context
> was being automatically added by tomcat, however, the .jar files in
> the WEB-INF/lib directory weren't being found by the classloader.
>
> In another case a server running Windows NT server 4.0 had Tomcat
> version 3.1 installed on it using JDK 1.3.

Initial investigation of the problem that Jon Stevens reported with Scarab under
Tomcat 4.0 is that it works under JDK 1.2.2 but fails under JDK 1.3.0 -- there
is clearly something in the platform that has changed, but which Tomcat 4.0 is
not dealing with.  I will be addressing that further today.  (I just downloaded
the Linux 1.3 release to test with).

It would be helpful if people experiencing this problem (in Tomcat 4.0) could
report whether they can successfully run the app under 1.2.2 or not.

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat