tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@orionsci.com (Len, Peter)
Subject Help - Example of RequestDispatcher call.
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 15:37:03 GMT
Hello,

I am wondering how (or if) RequestDispatcher can help me with my
problem.  I have a servlet (dbServlet) that gets loaded when the Tomcat
starts. It is basically my own database pooler.  Anyway, there are other
servlets that, when called, I want to get ahold of the dbServlet and
obtain a new connection.  After my transaction I will need to inform my
dbServlet to reallocate that connection.  I'm not sure if, or how,
RequestDispatcher.include could get me my connection object and
RequestDispatcher.forward could be used to do the reallocation.

Does anyone know how, or if, I can use RequestDispatcher in this manner?

Thanks,

Peter Len