tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Sharing sessions across contexts?
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:16:41 GMT
Scott Sanders wrote:

> Can the Form-based Login be active content from a servlet (as long as it
> follows the spec of course), or is it only dynamic.  Just asking because of
> the need to present the screen in both HTML and WML.

The login form itself can be either a servlet or a JSP page, so it can
definitely be dynamically created.  (Static HTML pages also work, but that will
not help in your scenario where you want different output to different
clients)  The primary requirement that may matter more is that the login form
has to be able to do an HTTP POST to a specific action ("j_security_check")
with specific field names ("j_username" and "j_password").  If your WML-based
clients can do that, you should be fine.

By the way, form-based login (for individual apps, not the "single sign on"
support) is available in Tomcat 3.2 as well.

> Thanks
> Scott Sanders

Craig

--