tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: JSP and Beans - still no resolution
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 21:52:53 GMT
Christopher Farley wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>
> > According to the JavaBeans specifications, property names start with a lower
> > case letter, not upper case.
>
> A bit off-topic, but:
>
> Isn't this rule more complicated than that? For example, I recall having a
> getter method called getHTML(), and I tried to access it via
> property="hTML", but in fact it needed to be property="HTML". I hate it
> when the specification is a bit too clever...

You're right, the actual rules are slightly more complex -- see the JavaBeans spec
for more details.  If I remember the history right, there was pretty vigorous
feedback on the original JavaBeans spec insisting on that particular bit of
cleverness about multiple capital letters in a row  ...

> ----
> Christopher Farley
> Northern Brewer / 1150 Grand Avenue / St. Paul, MN 55105
> www.northernbrewer.com

Craig

                                    Applications to Tomcat