tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 4.0 m1 config
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 03:59:28 GMT
Chay Weei Jye wrote:

> Hi, I've downloaded & installed Tomcat 4.0 m1. The tomcat engine managed to
> load and run, but when I try to http://localhost:8080/ the error such as
> below occurs. http://localhost:8080/examples/ will list out the directory
> without any problem.

Boy, that is a strange one.

Line 534 of ApplicationHttpRequest is a call to the copyMap() method, which is
defined just above it at line 411.  The only thing I can think of off the top of my
head is that you are trying to run this under JDK 1.1, which is not going to work.

Have you changed the startup scripts at all?  Have you set the CATALINA_HOME and
JAVA_HOME environment variables correctly?  What JDK and operating system are you
running under?  Is there a chance you can try it with a different JDK?

> Is there a documentation on Tomcat 4.0 configuration?

There is some (partially out of date) documentation at
"src/catalina/docs/config/index.html" in the binary distribution (or
"catalina/docs/config/index.html" in the source distribution.  This is one of the
things that needs to be dramatically improved before final release.

> Anyone can help?
>
> Thanks.

Craig McClanahan

> A Servlet Exception Has Occurred
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationHttpRequest.setRequest(ApplicationHttpRe
> quest.java:534)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationHttpRequest.(ApplicationHttpRequest.java
> :112)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
> .java:262)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.serveResource(DefaultServlet.jav
> a:991)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:312)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterWrapper.doFilter(ApplicationFilter
> Wrapper.java:159)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.ja
> va:258)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:936)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.ja
> va:160)
>         at org.apache.catalina.valves.ValveBase.invokeNext(ValveBase.java:242)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:1
> 52)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:934)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:1674)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:161
> )
>         at org.apache.catalina.valves.ValveBase.invokeNext(ValveBase.java:242)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:343)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:934)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :159)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:936)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:
> 787)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:904)

                                    Applications to Tomcat