tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: 'servlet' in URL
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 17:41:08 GMT
Jon Skeet wrote:

> > Use servlet mapping in web.xml.
>
> Surely for the most part the mapping is in server.xml for this. If people
> have been using something like:
>
> http://hostname/servlet/MyServlet
>
> then they need to change server.xml to change the context-path.

That depends on whether "/servlet" is a context path itself, or it is a
servlet mapping in the root context.  (The latter is true by default in
Tomcat.)

If "/servlet" is a context path, then Jon is correct and you change it
in
server.xml -- however, I suspect that most users are taking advantage of
the
default <servlet-mapping> that Tomcat provides, which maps "/servlet/*"
(in
any web application) to the invoker servlet provided with Tomcat.

> That's how I interpreted the question, anyway.
>
> Jon

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat