tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gerard Monsen <ge...@legalvista.com>
Subject Basic question: How do I get the equivolent of console messages for Tomcat?
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2000 05:47:59 GMT
        Hi!  Basic question:  I just compiled a rather complicated
servlet and tried to test it out using Tomcat.  Unfortunately, it
doesn't load up, which I'm not suprised about.  How do I get
the equivolent of console messages for Tomcat.  In other words,
where do Exception reports get dumped to and where can I
see the results of System.out.println() debugging messages that
I might place in my program?
       I tried the "servlet.log" file, but all it says is:

Context log path ="/TestServlet" :tomcat.errorPage: init

      I assume this means that servlet bombed out on loading
up, but how do I get the exception information so that I
can fix whatever caused the servlet not to load?

Gerard Monsen
Oakland, CA