tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <>
Subject RE: server.xml and individual servlets
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:29:48 GMT

	[Kitching Simon]
	Hi Scott,

	I don't think that it is possible to have servlets that are not
	in *any* context. In fact, considering that the sun servlet
	spec defines methods like "get parent context" for
	servlets, it seems kinda tricky :-)

	Perhaps you are just trying to do away with the /webappname/..
	prefix on the urls? If so, then what you do is go into the
	$TOMCAT_HOME/server.xml file, and create a context
	entry whose "path" attribute is the empty string, and whose
	docRoot is the docroot for your stuff. If you look
	at the examples, you will see that the "ROOT" webapp is
	set up this way, and that the jsps, htmls, servlets, etc.
	of the ROOT webapp can be accessed without any prefix.
	Of course, there can only be one context with path=""...

View raw message