tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: Session Info Sharing
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:15:39 GMT

	[Kitching Simon]
	No, I don't believe there are any stylistic objections to this...I
do it :-)
	I strongly believe that classes and libs belong inside the webapp,
	not at arbitrary places referenced via CLASSPATH, but can't see
	any objections to putting whole webapps wherever it is most
convenient.
	Comments welcome of course...

> In partciculary, now I would to preload a servlet and when I add the lines
> in the web.xml file (thanks to the mailing list archive server), Tomcat
> does not seem to preload the servlet.
> Could the previous setting in cause ?

	[Kitching Simon]
	I have a docBase outside tomcat, and preload servlets fine.

	in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml:
	        <Context path="" docBase="/somepath/docroot" debug="0"
reloadable="false" >
	        </Context>

	in /somepath/docroot/WEB-INF/web.xml:
	    <servlet>
	        <servlet-name>initializerServlet</servlet-name>
	        <servlet-class>com.acme.InitializerServlet</servlet-class>
	        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>