tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: Tomcat configuration - help needed urgently
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:59:29 GMT
The short answer is that, yes, your classes
(all your classes) need to be under yourwebapp/WEB-INF/classes,
or packed into a jar and put under yourwebapp/WEB-INF/lib.

Long answer: OK, you *can* put them elsewhere, and make
sure the elsewhere is in your CLASSPATH before you start
tomcat, but there are various disadvantages to this, like no
servlet auto-reload, and not being compliant with the sun
servlet specs.

You can then access any servlet class by
http://localhost:8080/servlet/com.xyz.servletname

This is just the default servlet mapping.
You can set up different URL -> servlet mappings
by defining them in yourwebapp/WEB-INF/web.xml.

See recent emails on this topic for more information.
You can find email archives of this email group at:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&r=1&w=2
or
http://archive.covalent.net/

Regards,