tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: How do I add another webapp?
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:52:17 GMT
Hi,

I think that this entire thread about workers
has been based on the assumption that
you are using apache as a front end??

It certainly is not necessary to manipulate
the uriworkermap.properties file to add a
new context.

All that is necessary is to add a new
<context> entry to the $TOMCAT_HOME/
server.xml file, and set up the new webapp's
directory structure.

In the original email that started all this,

   <Context path="/newserv"
             docBase="webapps/mynewservlet"
             debug="9"
             reloadable="true" >
   </Context>

looks exactly right. In fact, all the steps
described in that email looked absolutely
perfect to me. I can only suggest that
there is a minor typo somewhere, the
approach is the same as what I do,
and it works fine for me.