tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: Pb with session
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:31:43 GMT

	[Kitching Simon]
	Yes, but you're always using absolute URLs.

	Suppose you want, for example, to have an
	"images" directory as a *subdirectory* of the jsp
	directory.

	You could always write your URLs for <image>
	tags as "/jsp/images/xyz.jpg", in which case you don't
	have the problem listed above. However, you *do* have
	the problem that if you rename your jsp directory to
	"myfiles" or somesuch, you have to change *every*
	string "/jsp/images/..." to "/myfiles/images/...".

	Using relative paths to images would not require any
	URL changes when you change directory names,
	eg "./images/xyz.jpg" (note leading dot) is still correct
	after renaming directory "jsp" to "myfiles". But you
	run smack into the problem described above....

	Regards,
	Simon